Friday, June 18, 2010

What does CLEAN smell like to you?

True cleanliness does not smell, as there is nothing left behind. --

My storm door window shattered a couple of weeks ago, when a rock flew through it.  Today, the window company came and replaced the glass.  I was so thankful, I didn't realize how challenging it was not to have my storm door nor did I realize how much heat was removed from the house by the storm door.

When the the guys had completed the installation, they went about cleaning the glass. Usually this is left for the customer, right?  Well, they indeed cleaned the glass with a glass cleaner.  I couldn't stop them fast enough!  The chemical smell was so strong that I couldn't breathe.  I had forgotten how great it is to have NO SMELL!  

Our sense of smell is connected to our memory. Have you ever had a smell remind you of a childhood memory or a memory of your past? The smell of popcorn can remind you of being at the movies with a friend. It is the only sense that will automatically invoke a reaction or memory. 

Many people clean surfaces using a chemical that makes the area smell “clean” or smell like another surface with residuals of a fragrance on it, as opposed to actually removing contaminants. 

I have heard customers say that they wanted the "smell" to know that something was clean.  I can remember that smell, but I have long since forgotten it!  It took me about two weeks to realize that I no longer wanted that "clean" smell.  Not having that smell -- I have all but eliminated my family's allergies and asthma symptoms.  That is a great feeling!!  And knowing that I am doing something for the environment makes me have a sense of accomplishment. 

It will take most people a while to accept this using Norwex. Their sense of smell will remind them they are no longer cleaning with a strong chemical, if they are using the Norwex Antibacterial Microfiber Enviro Cloth and water because there is no smell. 

My husband quickly got our Norwex Window Cloth and the spray bottle of water and proceeded to clean the glass. The chemical had left streaks all over the window, but now they are streak-free and shiny! 

The fresh air may smell if it contains odor particles, so you will want to use natural fragrances in those areas to provide that “fresh scent”.  Using the Norwex Odour Eliminator will allow you to eliminate organic odors instantly, safely and without toxic chemicals. It is highly concentrated and leaves no residue. Use the Odour Eliminator for bathrooms, cooking smells, litter boxes, garbage disposals, and diaper pails. Use it as a room deodorizer or use one cap full with a load of laundry to remove smells from clothing. 

It is my goal that clean will smell like nothing. What will CLEAN smell like to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment